Hello all, I'm back after a long hiatus ^^
I went to many places this past summer and I loved every single bit of it. I'll post up some pics later but today, I wanna share a really cute way to design your nails. It's very cute, simple & so easy to do.
Ever heard of Fimo Nail Art? well, it's a type of nail art design that uses polymer clay canes. They come in many cute fruit and flower designs...
They're very tiny...I believe it's 1/4" in diameter and the length is about 4.5cm - 4.7cm.
What you would do is cut these canes into very thin slices and decorate them onto your nails.
Here's a tutorial to a very simple version I did.
1. Prepare your stuffs. What you'll need is of course, the fimo clay. You can get them online. Just do a google search for it. I got mine on Ebay. You'll also need a base coat, top coat, and a glitter nail polish. I also used a tweezer to easily grasp the thin pieces of fimo clay to place them on my nails.
2. Apply a clear base top coat onto your nail. Apply it on one nail as a time because you want the pieces to stick onto your nail before the polish is dried.
3. Use a tweezer or whichever is more convienent and easier for you...place the polymer clay onto your nail, one by one.
4. After applying the pieces, if they're too thick, use the file to file it down.
5. When you're satisfied with the design, apply top coat over it.
6. Finish it off with the glitter nail polish on the tips of the nails.
Here's the finish version. I had many compliments on them and they're so fun to look at.
A pic of my new hair cut. So messy ^_^
Happy Friday everyone!!!
*Note: If you want the pieces to stay on longer, use nail glue. I didn't use glue on mine and they stayed on for about 3-4 days. But I was picking on them too ^^
*Click to buy: Fimo Nail Canes on Ebay
Here's a video clip on how to properly cut the fimo clay...but if you're lazy, get the pre-cut ones =P
CLICK HERE CHECK OUT MY OTHER NAIL ART TUTORIALS