I've always been drawn to the classic Pin-Up girl look. In other words, the vintage look of Hollywood stars such as Marilyn Monroe and more recently Dita Von Teese. So I thought it would be fun to hold a contest where you can show me and the world, the classic and sophisticated side of you.
What you must do for this contest:
1) Create a Pin-Up girl look and show me a picture of a celebrity, model, or anyone who you were inspired by.
2) The main focus is on your face, your makeup. But if you want to dress up your hair and throw in an outfit to go along with it that would be a PLUS. Totally recommended but it's optional.
3) I need at least two pictures:
a) your face shot/body shot
b) the person who inspired you
Please keep it to no more than 4 pictures (3 of yourself and 1 of the inspiration look). Thank you :)
Anyone can join this contest. International readers are welcome :)
Here are several ways for you to submit your pictures:
1) Send me an email at: email@example.com write in the subject line: Pin-Up Girl Contest
2) Post it on your blog and comment/email me and let me know so I can copy the pictures.
How is the winner determined?
I haven't yet decided. But most likely I will put up a poll and let everyone vote OR if for some reason, the poll gets out of hand/doesn't work, then I will pick the winner myself.
If I were to pick the winner, it will be based on how much effort she or HE (yes, boys can join the fun too!) put in. How closely the inspirational look compares to the original, and how many props (hair, accessories, outfits) were combined.
So, here comes the fun part, the winner's prizes:
1) Lancome L'Extreme mascara in black
2) Lancome Flextencils mascara in black (mini sample size)
3) A pack of 20 pairs of model 21 fake eyelashes in no.16
4) A small eyelash curler
5) Ardell Brow and Lash Growth Accelerator with a mini tweezer
6) Ecotools 6 piece brush set
7) NYX Ultra Pearl Mania in blue
8) Lancome Juicy Tubes lipgloss in Sun Bronze (mini sample size)
9) Lancome Colour Focus EyeColour (mini sample size)
You may submit your pictures anytime between now and November 21st, 2008. No entries will be accepted after the 21st. The winner will be announced a week after the deadline.
For those of you who need ideas and inspiration, you can check out: Pin-Up Girls Pictures
And here is our lovely Hayden Panettiere on Vanity's issue of Pin-Up girl look:
and of course my favorite, Marilyn Monroe: