CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT MY OTHER HAIR TUTORIALS
1. After shower, blow dry your hair in an upwards motion. If your hair is dry, lather/spray a good amount of water on it. This is a good prep process to add natural volume to your hair.
2. Use a large brush while blow drying to add volume. Preferably a large round brush (not like mine).
3. Make a mental note on the area where you want to tease your hair/create a big pouf. Usually, hair teasing is focused on the crown area. If you want, you can section out this area and use a hair clip to clip the rest of the hair away.
Take a small 1-2 inches section at a time. Hold the ends of the section straight up and out from the scalp with one hand. Now, use a rattail comb (the one that have teeth at one end and a fine point that the other end) and start backcombing from the end towards the roots. Remember to not combing the hair back and forth but always start at the end and brush it toward the root, then take it out, and start at the end again.
4. The volume and height is depending on how much teasing you put in the process. Once you're done with one section, use hairspray to spray only on that section to help keeps the section firm. Repeat step three, taking small section at a time until you've backcombed the desired crown area.
5. Once you're done, carefully use the comb to smooth the teased hair back in the opposite direction. For a simple big hair pouf, gently brush the hair backwards, smoothing it over the teased base and secure it with bobby pins or hair clip.
Have fun teasing, please let me know if you have any questions.