Tuesday, June 24, 2008
French Tip Nails Tutorial
Labels: Nail Art Tutorials
I was in the mood for dressing up my nails today...so I figure, I'd do a tutorial while I'm at it. I know many of you probably know how to create french tip nail already, if not, then here's a tutorial for you.
Things you'll need:
+ A white nail polish
+ Top coat polish
+ Glitter decor polish (optional)
+ Nail polish removal (acetone)
+ A small bowl to hold acetone
+ A small brush (I used my Isa Knox makeup brush FYI, so it does not have to be a manicure brush)
1. Start off by locating your natural curve line. It's the white part of the nail that curves around the top. Then apply white nail polish to the tip of that natural curve on every fingernail. Repeat the same process with a second coat of nail polish. Notice, it's not necessary for the lines to be even and perfect at this point cause we're going to fix that later.
2. Now, to even out the manicure lines. Pour a small amount of acetone into the bowl. Lightly dip your brush into the acetone. Make sure that the brush is not too wet w/acetone before you brush it on the nails.
3. Place the brush right in the middle of the nail underneath the while polish. Gently move it from left to right making a round curve.
4. ~Optional~ I got this nail glitter at a local accessory store today for about $2-3. I thought it'd be fun to add glitters onto the nail tips.
It was pretty easy to brush on since the tip is small. Perfect for an outline on the tips.
5. After the nail dries, brush on top coat to keep it shinny.
CLICK HERE CHECK OUT MY OTHER NAIL ART TUTORIALS